What Are Porcelain Veneers?Veneers are shells that are attached to the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They are custom-made for each individual. They are usually ultra-thin and made of material to match the color of the tooth. Veneers might be made of porcelain or resin materials, but porcelain resists stains better than resin and looks more natural. Porcelains veneers are also good for your gums, since gum tissue tolerates porcelain materials well. Porcelain veneers can even help with teeth whitening, by making dark teeth look whiter.
When Is It Time for Veneers?There are several reasons to consider getting porcelain veneers on your teeth. You should ask a dentist about veneers if you notice the following:
- Discolored teeth: This could be the result of root canal treatment, stains from fluoride or certain medications, or resin fillings.
- Teeth that have been worn down
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or have craters or bulges
- Gaps between teeth
Porcelain Veneers in Norman, OKIf you’ve decided that porcelain veneers are right for you, the next step is to choose a cosmetic dentist to suit your needs. There are a few steps you should follow to find a cosmetic dentist in Norman, Oklahoma: View Their Work: Most dentists will showcase their work either online or inside their office.
- Check Credentials: Make sure the dentist is qualified to perform the procedure.
- Communicate: Make a list of questions to ask when you first meet with your new dentist. Also know exactly what you want to change about your smile, and communicate it to the dentist.